The 2.19 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- A user whose LDAP directory username standardizes to an existing GHES account login could authenticate into the existing account.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The NameID Format dropdown in the Management Console would be reset to "unspecified" after setting it to "persistent".
- Saving settings via the management console would append a newline to the TLS/SSL certificate and key files which triggered unnecessary reloading of some services.
- System logs for Dependency Graph were not rotating, allowing unbounded storage growth.
- When importing a repository with
ghe-migrator, an unexpected exception could occur when inconsistent data is present.
- When using
ghe-migrator to import PR review requests, records associated with deleted users would result in extraneous database records.
- When importing users with
ghe-migrator, an error of "Emails is invalid" would occur if the system-generated email address were longer than 100 characters.
- The Pull Request page could give an error if unexpected bytes were present in a data field.
- Remove the requirement for SSH fingerprints in
ghe-migrator archives as it can always be computed.
- GitHub App Manifests now include the
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise Server 2.19
GitHub Enterprise Server 2.19 will be deprecated as of November 12, 2020 That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise Server as soon as possible.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
- Security alerts are not reported when pushing to a repository on the command line.
The GitHub Team