The 2.19 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The enterprise account "Confirm two-factor requirement policy" messaging was incorrect.
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise Server 2.19
GitHub Enterprise Server 2.19 will be deprecated as of November 12, 2020 That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise Server as soon as possible.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
- Security alerts are not reported when pushing to a repository on the command line.
The GitHub Team