The 2.19 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- MEDIUM: An attacker could push a malicious GitHub Pages branch with overlapping submodule names, possibly leading to remote code execution within the GitHub Pages build container. To exploit this vulnerability, an attacker would need permission to create a branch within a repository on the GitHub Enterprise Server instance. CVE-2019-1387
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Unknown locales were generating errors when running commands in the administrative shell.
ghe-config-check was returning validation errors for
- The Let's Encrypt certificate registration feature consistently failed following an update to the external API.
- Upgrades could fail due to a missing SQL table.
- Commit objects could be lost in some cases if an update of a replica failed and then a repair operation was ran.
- Commit messages containing links were not clickable or properly rendered in blame view.
- When importing review comments that were created using old versions of GHES, some comments would fail to import due to corrupt diffs.
- Audit log did not include some entries when changing protected branches settings.
- Increase autolink reference limit to 50.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise Server without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules are not maintained during an upgrade.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- When pushing to a gist, an exception could be triggered during the post-receive hook.
- When "Users can search GitHub.com" is enabled with GitHub Connect, issues in private and internal repositories are not included in GitHub.com search results.
- Security alerts are not reported when pushing to a repository on the command line. (updated 2020-06-23)
The GitHub Team