The 2.2 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Ubuntu packages have been updated to the latest bugfix versions.
- Multibyte characters in management console configuration options caused an error when saving settings.
- SSH public keys with the = character would not allow administrative SSH access to the instance.
- Upgrading a replica showed harmless syntax errors.
- Service hooks may log passwords used for HTTP Basic authentication to disk. (updated 2015-07-28)
- Upgrading to GitHub Enterprise 2.2 with a lot of repositories can take a very long time.
- We show the wrong clone URL when displaying a Gist when subdomain isolation is disabled.
- Gist repositories are not garbage collected by the maintenance scheduler.
Mail delivery to localhost fails. (updated 2015-07-14)
- Deleting a user doesn't delete their gists which can cause problems with replication.
- In our instructions to merge a pull request on the command line, we show the steps to merge using the Git protocol even when private mode is on. Private mode forces authentication but the Git protocol is unauthenticated so the steps will always fail. We also don't show the steps to merge using SSH.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you access GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Organization invitation emails are sent from the support email address rather than the noreply email address.
- The management console settings interface doesn't clearly show if you have previously uploaded certificate files or a private key.
- Jobs stuck on code indexing can delay other jobs from running.
- Dashboard activity feed links point to wrong hostname after restoring from backup if the hostname has changed.
- In some circumstances, after an upgrade we prompt you to upload a license, even though there's already a valid license.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Gists can't be created when using Safari 8.x in Private Mode.
- SNMP can't be run on high availability replicas.
- Gist profile pages don't have proper styling when subdomain isolation is disabled.
- Management console sessions can expire too quickly for Safari users.
- We can fail to properly create the key for the secure connection between a high availability replica and the primary, which causes replication setup to fail.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- A high availability replica that's been promoted to primary and then set up as a replica again doesn't properly show the replica status page, but shows "Starting..." instead.
- Replication setup fails for IPv6 hosts.
- It is not possible to forward logs over IPv6. (updated 2015-05-07)
- Site-wide audit logs do not appear in the site admin interface. (updated 2015-05-14)
- Setting the admin SSH password with
ghe-set-password fails. (updated 2015-05-19)
- Enabling Hyper-V Dynamic Memory causes kernel panics. (updated 2015-05-30)
- Suspended LDAP users are unsuspended if no LDAP restricted groups are configured. (updated 2015-05-30)
- We show your gravatar or identicon on Gists instead of your custom profile picture. (updated 2015-06-15)
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone. (updated 2015-06-18)
- Users with LDAP DNs longer than 255 characters are suspended if LDAP Sync is enabled. (updated 2015-06-19)
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes. (updated 2015-07-14)
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page serves a generic error rather than an informative message. (updated 2015-07-14)
- Editing a Gist can cause a 500 error. This is an authentication problem between Gist and GitHub Enterprise, so logging out and back in again should fix the problem. (updated 2015-07-15)
- Using uppercase characters in the hostname causes a redirect loop. (updated 2015-07-28)
- When a fork is detached from its repository network by an administrator or by changing visibility, its filesystem path won't be updated on a high availability replica until at least one commit has been pushed. (updated 2015-08-13)
- Updates to Wiki pages by users without a primary email address set throw errors. (updated 2015-08-25)
- Viewing raw files in repositories owned by a user or organization named "github" fails with a 400 error. (updated 2015-12-15)
- Trying to add a file to a repository with Subversion 1.9 clients incorrectly detects the file already exists and fails. (updated 2016-01-14)
- Failure to deliver mail to localhost was fixed in 2.2.0. (updated 2015-07-14)
The GitHub Team