The 2.2 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Ubuntu kernel and packages have been updated to the latest bugfix versions.
- Our Collectd checks for enqueued background jobs could cause elevated CPU usage.
- On a Team settings page, the contextual rocket link that site administrators see didn't properly link to the site admin for the team.
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page served a generic error rather than an informative message.
ghe-resque-info script incorrectly showed all background job queues as empty.
- In some versions of Internet Explorer 11, creating a repository with a dash in its name crashed the browser. This is a browser bug but we worked around it to avoid the crash.
- Editing a Gist could cause a 500 error. This is an authentication problem between Gist and GitHub Enterprise, so logging out and back in again should fix the problem.
- Expensive Git processes could keep running after the parent Ruby process had died.
- The site admin showed errors in the 'repo reflogs' section, which isn't fully implemented on GitHub Enterprise. We've now removed the section. (updated 2015-07-28)
- Service hooks may log passwords used for HTTP Basic authentication to disk. (updated 2015-07-28)
- A high availability replica that's been promoted to primary and then set up as a replica again doesn't properly show the replica status page, but shows 'Starting...' instead.
- Repositories that are in an incomplete state, which is a rare problem, can cause the migration to the new repository disk layout to fail.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- LDAP restricted groups can't be removed.
- Organization invitation emails are sent from the configured support email address rather than the no-reply address.
- We can fail to properly create the key for the secure connection between a high availability replica and the primary, which causes replication setup to fail.
- Management console sessions can expire too quickly for Safari users.
Mail delivery to localhost fails. (updated 2015-07-14)
- Gist repositories are not garbage collected by the maintenance scheduler.
- Promoting a high availability replica can fail if Elasticsearch takes too long to restart.
- Gist profile pages don't have proper styling when subdomain isolation is disabled.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- SNMP can't be run on high availability replicas.
- Dashboard activity feed links point to wrong hostname after restoring from backup if the hostname has changed.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Jobs stuck on code indexing can delay other jobs from running.
- Replication setup fails for IPv6 hosts.
- The management console settings interface doesn't clearly show if you have previously uploaded certificate files or a private key.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
The site admin shows errors in the 'repo reflogs' section, which isn't fully implemented on GitHub Enterprise.
- Gists can't be created when using Safari 8.x in Private Mode.
- Deleting a user doesn't delete their gists, which can cause problems with replication.
- In our instructions to merge a pull request on the command line, we show the steps to merge using the Git protocol even when private mode is on. Private mode forces authentication but the Git protocol is unauthenticated so the steps will always fail. We also don't show the steps to merge using SSH.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you access GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone. (updated 2015-06-18)
- Users with LDAP DNs longer than 255 characters are suspended if LDAP Sync is enabled. (updated 2015-06-19)
- Using uppercase characters in the hostname causes a redirect loop. (updated 2015-07-28)
- When a fork is detached from its repository network by an administrator or by changing visibility, its filesystem path won't be updated on a high availability replica until at least one commit has been pushed. (updated 2015-08-13)
- Updates to Wiki pages by users without a primary email address set throw errors. (updated 2015-08-25)
- Viewing raw files in repositories owned by a user or organization named "github" fails with a 400 error. (updated 2015-12-15)
- Trying to add a file to a repository with Subversion 1.9 clients incorrectly detects the file already exists and fails. (updated 2016-01-14)
- Failure to deliver mail to localhost was fixed in 2.2.0. (updated 2015-07-14)
- The 'repo reflogs' section of the site admin was removed in this release.
The GitHub Team