The 2.4 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Merge button was disabled for protected branches when
memcached was stopped.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- The management console settings interface doesn't clearly show if you have previously uploaded certificate files or a private key.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- Trying to add a file to a repository with Subversion 1.9 clients incorrectly detects the file already exists and fails.
- On instances upgraded from 2.3 and earlier, restoring an archived protected branch will not restore all the settings correctly. This does not affect new instances.
The GitHub Team