The 2.5 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Migrating wikis to the new repository layout could fail if the original migration was interrupted before completion.
- Custom certificate authority (CA) certificates were not maintained across upgrades with SSL disabled.
- Protected branches could be updated when making a Git force push against multiple identical branches.
- Forking a Gist failed with a 500 error.
ghe-support-bundle could report harmless warning messages.
- GitHub Importer API endpoints were enabled but GitHub Enterprise doesn't support the Importer.
- A quota limit warning email could be incorrectly triggered when transferring repositories with Git LFS objects.
- Automatic Update Checking and downloading now checks for feature releases.
- MEDIUM Resolved a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
- LOW The secure flag was not set for the
_gh_render cookie, potentially allowing the render cookie to be sent in plaintext HTTP requests. However, Enterprise sets the
Strict-Transport-Security header for modern browsers when SSL is enabled, which largely mitigates the issue.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- CRITICAL There is a remote code execution vulnerability through the Management Console, patched in GitHub Enterprise 2.5.4. (updated 2016-03-31)
- HIGH Release assets from a public repository can be accessed by unauthenticated users in private mode. (updated 2016-05-27)
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- On instances upgraded from 2.3 and earlier, restoring an archived protected branch will not restore all the settings correctly. This does not affect new instances.
- Duplicate uploads are stored in more than three hosts in a cluster with more than three replica file servers.
- User sessions are not properly revoked when they reach the expiry limit set by the SAML IdP.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed. (updated 2016-05-24)
- Migration data exported from GitHub Enterprise with
ghe-migrator does not include issue file attachments, which may cause imports to another server to fail. (updated 2016-06-09)
- Console text is difficult to read on OpenStack KVM. (updated 2016-08-03)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
The GitHub Team