The 2.5 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- A migration archive with @mentions in issues or comments that contain dashes were not correctly rewritten when imported on the destination appliance.
- User sessions were not properly revoked when they reached the expiry limit set by the SAML identity provider (IdP).
- User web browser sessions were revoked after 14 days of inactivity instead of 30 days.
- Initial checkouts using SVN could be slow.
- The number of simultaneous connections tracked by the appliance firewall has been increased to 524288.
- Cluster mode now runs with more workers based on the amount of memory assigned to the node.
- MEDIUM Resolved a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability in task lists.
- MEDIUM Implemented mitigation for a URI decoding vulnerability that affects modern versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- HIGH Release assets from a public repository can be accessed by unauthenticated users in private mode. (updated 2016-05-27)
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- On instances upgraded from 2.3 and earlier, restoring an archived protected branch will not restore all the settings correctly. This does not affect new instances.
- Duplicate uploads are stored in more than three hosts in a cluster with more than three replica file servers.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed. (updated 2016-05-24)
- Migration data exported from GitHub Enterprise with
ghe-migrator does not include issue file attachments, which may cause imports to another server to fail. (updated 2016-06-09)
- Console text is difficult to read on OpenStack KVM. (updated 2016-08-03)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
The GitHub Team