The 2.6 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The Redis database was not properly cleared when restoring with the backup utilities more than once to GitHub Enterprise Cluster configuration. This could cause the Redis database to become very large, slowing down restores.
$GITHUB_REPO_PUBLIC variable wasn't available to pre-receive hook scripts when edits were made via the web UI.
ghe-migrator failed to import users without an email address, which could cause the whole import to fail.
- Deleting Git LFS files from the site admin dashboard failed with a 500 error.
- Uploading a support bundle with a ticket reference using
ghe-cluster-support-bundle -t [ticket reference] failed on a GitHub Enterprise Cluster.
- Increasing the size of the data volume using
ghe-storage-extend could fail.
- OAuth application callback hostnames were limited to no longer than 63 characters, which caused some OAuth applications to stop working.
- A missing Git repository on a high availability replica could block Git replication.
- Pre-receive hooks in the default environment failed after upgrading.
- Pre-receive hook scripts in the default environment now execute as Bash if no shebang program is specified.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- On instances upgraded from 2.3 and earlier, restoring a protected branch archived whilst running 2.3, will not restore all the settings correctly. This does not affect new instances or protected branches archived on later releases.
- Editing custom messages in the Admin Center doesn't provide emoji suggestions.
- Native emoji are lost when saving custom messages in the Admin Center.
- Repository push logs don't record whether a push was forced.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Migration data exported from GitHub Enterprise with
ghe-migrator does not include issue file attachments, which may cause imports to another server to fail. (updated 2016-06-09)
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https. (updated 2016-08-01)
- Console text is difficult to read on OpenStack KVM. (updated 2016-08-03)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
The GitHub Team