The 2.6 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The proxy configuration was not picked up by the update check initiated from the the management console.
- The merge pull request button could remain disabled for an extended period of time following a force-push on a repository with protected branches and required statuses enabled.
- It was not possible to ignore whitespace in diffs by appending
?w=1 to the URL.
- Authenticating using SAML could fail if the authentication process took too long, for example when a user is performing two-factor authentication with the SAML server.
- Importing or restoring a Redis database using
ghe-import-redis or setting up a cluster, could fail if reading in the data takes longer than 30 seconds to complete.
- Repository file uploads would fail if SSL is not enabled on the appliance.
- Redownloading and extracting an existing pre-receive hook environment could fail due to incorrect file permissions.
- Migration data exported from GitHub Enterprise with
ghe-migrator did not include issue file attachments, which could cause imports to another server to fail.
- Custom environments for pre-receive hooks failed to install correctly on a cluster.
- Prompt-less upgrades can now be performed by passing the
-y argument to
- Restoring repositories from backups of cluster nodes has been sped up.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- On instances upgraded from 2.3 and earlier, restoring a protected branch archived whilst running 2.3, will not restore all the settings correctly. This does not affect new instances or protected branches archived on later releases.
- Editing custom messages in the Admin Center doesn't provide emoji suggestions.
- Native emoji are lost when saving custom messages in the Admin Center.
- Repository push logs don't record whether a push was forced.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https. (updated 2016-08-01)
- Console text is difficult to read on OpenStack KVM. (updated 2016-08-03)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
The GitHub Team