The 2.6 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- In a clustering environment, Git pushes could time out while waiting for the server to replicate data.
- In a clustering environment, Gist were not being replicated to new nodes.
- LFS files with spaces in the file path were not rendered properly.
git-lfs pull could cause high MySQL CPU usage.
- Unsuspending users did not check for available license seats.
- Purging an archived repository could fail.
- Gist IDs could incorrectly collide when MySQL restarted.
- The Git proxy service,
babeld, did not scale the number of workers when memory was added.
- Pre-receive hooks failed when using an environment with incorrect
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
- On instances upgraded from 2.3 and earlier, restoring a protected branch archived whilst running 2.3, will not restore all the settings correctly. This does not affect new instances or protected branches archived on later releases.
- Editing custom messages in the Admin Center doesn't provide emoji suggestions.
- Native emoji are lost when saving custom messages in the Admin Center.
- Repository push logs don't record whether a push was forced.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Uploading PNG images with through the web interface can fail with the error 'Something went really wrong, and we can't process that file.'
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Console text is difficult to read on OpenStack KVM.
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
The GitHub Team