The 2.7 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Pre-receive hooks using the
awk command in the default hook environment would fail with a cannot open shared object file message.
- The network information displayed on the hypervisor console didn't display correctly if the instance did not have an IP address.
glibc to fix an assertion error during DNS lookups which occured in very specific network setups. See https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=825699 for more details.
task_list_instrumentation queue in the output from
ghe-resque-info would show harmless unprocessed jobs. These are now being correctly processed.
- When LDAP sync is enabled for SSH and/or GPG keys, users were still able to add new keys via the web UI.
- New and upgraded AWS-hosted instances would default to using
184.108.40.206 for the DNS server. This could cause issues if that DNS server is not reachable.
- Language breakdown for an empty repository would fail with a HTTP 500 error.
- Administrators could not view a user's GPG keys via the Site Admin dashboard.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Additional white spacing can sometimes be seen above the Admin center header.
git operations may block indefinitely if the data volume has less than 10% free disk space. (updated 2016-08-16)
- Issue assignees assigned in GitHub Enterprise 2.6 or earlier aren't visible. (updated 2016-08-27)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
Backups and Disaster Recovery
GitHub Enterprise 2.7 requires at least GitHub Enterprise Backup Utilities 2.7.0 for Backups and Disaster Recovery. (updated 2016-08-15)
- Editing custom messages in the Admin center doesn't provide emoji suggestions was resolved in 2.7.0. (updated 2016-09-21)
- Native emoji are lost when saving custom messages in the Admin center was resolved in 2.7.0. (updated 2016-09-21)
The GitHub Team