The 2.7 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
Note about Git LFS v2.1.1
A CRITICAL security fix for the Git LFS client was released on 19 May. The remote code execution vulnerability can be exploited if:
This vulnerability exists in the Git LFS client and not GitHub Enterprise. However, we strongly encourage all users of GitHub Enterprise to upgrade their Git LFS client to v2.1.1 (or greater) from https://git-lfs.github.com/.
Please contact GitHub Enterprise Support if you have any questions.
Note: GitHub Enterprise supports broadcasting messages directly on the application with
ghe-announce and Creating a custom sign in message.
- This release and previous releases of GitHub Enterprise are not affected by the Git shell vulnerability announced 10 May 2017 (CVE-2017-8386).
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- In a clustering environment, restoring a backup to a cluster not meeting the minimum recommended number of
storage-server nodes would fail.
- The SAML authentication logs no longer contain debug information by default. Debugging information can be enabled in the Admin Center.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Additional white spacing can sometimes be seen above the Admin center header.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
The GitHub Team