The 2.7 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- In a clustering environment, Gists were not being replicated to new nodes.
- In a clustering environment, Git pushes could time out while waiting for the server to replicate data.
- LFS files with spaces in the file path were not rendered properly.
git-lfs pull could cause high MySQL CPU usage.
- Unsuspending users did not check for available license seats.
- Gist IDs could incorrectly collide when MySQL restarted.
- The Git proxy service,
babeld, did not scale the number of workers when memory was added.
- Pre-receive hooks failed when using an environment with incorrect
- Issue assignees assigned in GitHub Enterprise 2.6 or earlier weren't visible.
- Dynamic worker optimizations could exhaust the maximum number of allowed MySQL connections. MySQL's
max_connections was increased to 2000.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Additional white spacing can sometimes be seen above the Admin center header.
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- Editing custom messages in the Admin center doesn't provide emoji suggestions was resolved in 2.7.0. (updated 2016-09-21)
- Native emoji are lost when saving custom messages in the Admin center was resolved in 2.7.0. (updated 2016-09-21)
The GitHub Team