The 2.7 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Unable to view webhook delivery logs when the delivery GUID collided.
upload-pack events were missing from
- In a clustering environment,
ghe-cluster-config-apply could restart services when the application configuration has not changed.
- LFS push failed with a 0-byte file.
- Merge button was disabled for protected branches when
memcached was stopped.
- Disallow administrators from renaming system accounts.
- Users were unable to update their primary e-mail address after migrating data with
- Management Console was not redirecting to the previously navigated page after authentication.
- Unable to change an organization owned repository's visibility from public to private if the repository had collaborators.
ghe-update-check utility returned an incorrect message,
you must first upgrade to, when it was not necessary.
memcached would remain stopped after a crash (e.g. via OOM kill).
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Additional white spacing can sometimes be seen above the Admin center header.
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
The GitHub Team