The 2.7 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- HIGH: Fix SQL injection in pre-receive hook APIs.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Alambic crashed resizing user avatars.
ghe-migrator now scrubs access tokens from the logs.
- Added cron job to compress core files.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Additional white spacing can sometimes be seen above the Admin center header.
- Graphs in the Management Console monitoring page are incorrectly sorted. (updated 2017-01-18)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
The GitHub Team