With the new features added in GitHub Enterprise 2.8.0, you can:
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Additional white spacing could sometimes be seen above the Admin center header.
- A site administrator could configure SSL with invalid certificates (e.g. invalid issuer, incomplete chain).
ghe-update-check utility returned an incorrect message,
you must first upgrade to, when it was not necessary.
- Replication failed after replica promotion because the OpenVPN service was not properly managed.
memcached would remain stopped after a crash (e.g. via OOM kill).
- A user could be assigned twice to an Issue.
- When creating a file from the web interface, a backspace incorrectly deleted characters from the directory's path.,
- When forking a private repository in an organization, repository owners were unable to configure a user to bypass branch restrictions.
- In a gist, users were unable to select lines starting with a number.
- In a wiki diff, users were unable to expand lines from a wiki diff.
- A punctuation could disappear after prettifying an issue or pull request reference.
- Fixed an incorrect description suggesting Member webhook events did not trigger for non-organization repositories.
- Reject assets (e.g. avatar, issue attachments) if the file type does not match the extension or
ghe-dbconsole utility has been updated with an interactive disclaimer.
- The Management Console,
graphite-web services run as an unprivileged user.
ghe-config does not require
- Pull request review comment webhook events were added.
- Adobe Flash is no longer required for clipboard operations.
- The Site Admin interface has been updated.
- Preview the new Projects API.
- Change the base branch using the updated Pull Request API.
- Removed sensitive fields from Organization API for non-owners.
- GitHub Enterprise 2.5 - 2.7 inadvertently ignored the SSH username for
git operations with the SSH protocol. In GitHub Enterprise 2.8, the remote URL for SSH only works for the
git user. (updated 2016-12-12)
Backups and Disaster Recovery
GitHub Enterprise 2.8 requires at least GitHub Enterprise Backup Utilities 2.8.0 for Backups and Disaster Recovery.
Deprecation of GitHub Enterprise 2.3
GitHub Enterprise 2.3 was deprecated as of November 1, 2016. That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this release. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise as soon as possible.
Upcoming deprecation of GitHub Enterprise 2.4
GitHub Enterprise 2.4 will be deprecated as of February 2017. That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues, after this date. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise as soon as possible.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Changes announced to the Projects API during its Early Access period are not included in the 2.8 feature release series. (updated 2016-11-18)
User.failed_login events aren't recorded in the audit log when using LDAP authentication. (updated 2016-11-18)
- Attempting to convert a user to an organization fails with an internal server error. (updated 2016-11-22)
- WARNING: Upgrading or installing GitHub Enterprise 2.8.0 will fail if your license file contains a non-ASCII character. (updated 2016-11-09)
- WARNING: Pushing to a branch in a fork that is the head of a pull request closes the pull request. (updated 2016-11-10)
- WARNING: Pushes to a promoted high availability replica will fail. (updated 2016-11-23)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team