The 2.8 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Pushing to a branch in a fork that is the head of a pull request closed the pull request.
- Unable to change an organization owned repository's visibility from public to private if the repository had collaborators.
- Upgrading or installing GitHub Enterprise 2.8.0 failed if your license file contained a non-ASCII character.
- GitHub Enterprise 2.5 - 2.7 inadvertently ignored the SSH username for
git operations with the SSH protocol. In GitHub Enterprise 2.8, the remote URL for SSH only works for the
git user. (updated 2016-12-12)
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Changes announced to the Projects API during its Early Access period are not included in the 2.8 feature release series. (updated 2016-11-18)
User.failed_login events aren't recorded in the audit log when using LDAP authentication. (updated 2016-11-18)
- Attempting to convert a user to an organization fails with an internal server error. (updated 2016-11-22)
- WARNING: Pushes to a promoted high availability replica will fail. (updated 2016-11-23)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team