The 2.8 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- MEDIUM: When using 2FA, the recovery codes could be brute forced on browsers that do not implement the
X-Content-Type-Options HTTP header correctly.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Service hooks were blocked from accessing the API endpoint of the local instance.
- Processes could be leaked if Collectd exited unexpectedly.
- Custom sysctl settings were not taking effect when saving the settings.
- Support bundles are now built and stored in
/data/user/tmp to preserve free space on the root filesystem.
Deprecation of GitHub Enterprise 2.6
GitHub Enterprise 2.6 is now deprecated as of April 26, 2017. That means that no patch releases will be made, even for critical security issues. For better performance, improved security, and new features, upgrade to the newest version of GitHub Enterprise as soon as possible.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team