The 2.8 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- After the parent repository has been deleted, the Git LFS objects from the forks were inaccessible.
- Adding a user as a collaborator via the API incorrectly sent an invitation without adding the user.
- Deleting a repository containing files in LFS could cause the 'File storage' within the Site Admin to show a temporary 500 error.
- The hypervisor console welcome screen may have incorrectly displayed
sed: couldn't flush stdout: Broken pipe.
- Graphs in the Management Console displayed the sum instead of an average value. As a result, graphs had incorrectly displayed an increasing metric over time.
- Pre-receive hooks may have failed with
mount: can't find ... error messages.
ghe-upgrade.log contained harmless
/proc/... No such file or directory messages.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team