The 2.8 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to their latest security versions.
- LOW: OAuth application access tokens and personal access tokens weren't sanitized from support bundles.
- The authentication graphs in the management console could be inaccurate and not display a legend due to incorrectly grouped and ordered keys.
- collectd metric paths could be truncated, which caused multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics.
- Password reset emails incorrectly displayed reset links were valid for 24 hours when they are only valid for three hours.
- Pre-receive hooks were incorrectly triggered on internal reference updates.
- Fetches or pushes that transferred more than 2 GB of data were incorrectly recorded as much larger in the logs for the Git proxy service,
- Users could receive a temporary "bad pack header" error when fetching a very large repository if the repository was being repacked at the same time.
ghe-support-bundle command now honors the
http_proxy environment variable.
- The value of the
X-Forwarded-For header will now be recorded in the HAproxy log.
- The maximum number of HTTPS and websocket connections has been increased.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Creating a support bundle fails with a “File exists” error if HAproxy logs have been rotated. (updated 2017-07-24)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team