The 2.8 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Unable to view webhook delivery logs when the delivery GUID collided.
404 Not Found page incorrectly referred to status.github.com.
- LDAP authentication failures were missing from
upload-pack events were missing from
- Users were unable to update their primary e-mail address after their password was reset.
- An internal server error occurred in the Management Console when a corrupt license was uploaded.
- In a clustering environment,
ghe-cluster-config-apply could restart services when the application configuration has not changed.
- Merge button was disabled for protected branches when
memcached was stopped.
- Unable to set the
site_admin scope for personal access tokens.
- Disallow administrators from renaming system accounts.
- Users were unable to update their primary e-mail address after migrating data with
- LFS push failed with a 0-byte file.
- Management Console was not redirecting to the previously navigated page after authentication.
- The two-factor authentication organization affiliation was added to users'
- GitHub Enterprise 2.5 - 2.7 inadvertently ignored the SSH username for
git operations with the SSH protocol. In GitHub Enterprise 2.8, the remote URL for SSH only works for the
git user. (updated 2016-12-12)
Backups and Disaster Recovery
- GitHub Enterprise 2.8.2 requires
backup-utils-2.8.2 or greater.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Attempting to convert a user to an organization fails with an internal server error. (updated 2016-11-22)
- WARNING: Pushes to a promoted high availability replica will fail. (updated 2016-11-23)
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team