The 2.8 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- The background job to sync assets to the high availability replica appliance could fail.
- Pushing an update could cause the
babeld service to segment fault under certain circumstances.
- The PullRequestReviewEvent webhook events were not triggered.
- The deletion of branches and tags rejected by a
pre-receive hook would have failed with the error "Something went wrong with the request. Please try again."
- Organization and repository e-mails incorrectly contained links to https://github.com.
- Pushes to a promoted high availability replica failed.
- Attempts were prematurely made to gather
redis performance statistics. This resulted in excessive logging to the collectd log files.
- The QR code used to configure two-factor authentication failed to generate on appliances with long hostnames and usernames.
- Appliance settings saved using the
/setup/api/settings API endpoint failed to apply when applying at the same time as uploading the license for the first time.
- Elasticsearch logs are now forwarded when log forwarding is enabled.
- GitHub Enterprise 2.5 - 2.7 inadvertently ignored the SSH username for
git operations with the SSH protocol. In GitHub Enterprise 2.8, the remote URL for SSH only works for the
git user. (updated 2016-12-12)
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Attempting to convert a user to an organization fails with an internal server error.
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team