The 2.8 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Submodules with names ending in a digit weren't correctly linked in repository directory listings.
- User profile pages loaded slowly when the user was a member of many organizations. We now limit the number of organization avatars displayed to the first 25 with the most members.
- The sign up button was displayed on Gist pages for unauthenticated users when running GitHub Enterprise in public mode with sign ups disabled.
- Access to a repository granted to teams during a transfer to an organization didn't take effect.
- Viewing the site admin page for Projects with names that included non-ASCII characters failed with a 500 server error.
- The initial boot of an instance could hang on networks not using DHCP.
- Upgrading an instance could fail due to stale temporary files.
- Upgrading an instance without any Gists could fail.
- Maintenance mode was not enabled when scheduling in advance.
- A race condition could cause saving settings in the Management Console to fail with internal server error.
- GitHub Enterprise is now available in the EU West (London) and Canada (Central) AWS regions.
- The network information displayed on the hypervisor console clearly highlights the unset network settings.
- Admin Center can be used to configure automatic reactivation of suspended users when they successfully sign in.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Attempting to convert a user to an organization fails with an internal server error.
- The initial import of the VMware OVA image may fail when deployed via vCenter Server 6.0 or 6.5. The import will succeed when performed directly on an ESXi host. (updated 2017-02-23)
- Git LFS objects may take up to an hour to replicate in a High Availability configuration. (updated 2017-02-23)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
The GitHub Team