The 2.9 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to their latest security versions.
- LOW: Tokens were contained in support bundles when they were used in GET requests as a URL parameter.
- On a
404 page with an appliance configured to use public mode and SAML, the "Sign in" button was illegible.
edited events could have incorrect
contributions_backfill background jobs were enqueued on every additional push to a repository, even if it contained no commits from users of the appliance.
- LDAP team sync failed when a duplicate fork was being restored.
- Users in large organizations and teams were unable to filter assignees and reviewers for issues and pull requests.
- Users in large organizations and teams were unable to @-mention users and teams in issue and pull request comments.
- In a clustering environment, collectd statistics weren't reported for the workers that handle RPC calls for Git.
- In a clustering environment, preflight checks failed when running
ghe-cluster-config-apply against an unresponsive HTTP proxy.
- In a clustering environment, a new node could silently fail to be added after
memcached collectd stats have been added.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- Enqueued background jobs are sometimes not purged when a repository is deleted.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- It is not possible to select and apply labels or milestones when creating new issues. (updated 2017-07-04)
- collectd metric paths can be truncated, which causes multiple write attempts to the same file for different metrics. (updated 2017-07-10)
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
The GitHub Team