The 2.9 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- CRITICAL: Pages and Git have been updated to handle maliciously constructed
ssh:// URLs during submodule cloning. This mitigates the vulnerability detailed in CVE-2017-100117 which could have allowed an authenticated attacker to run arbitrary commands on a GitHub Enterprise environment through Pages builds. (updated 2017-08-10)
- ghe-repl-stop did not forcibly stop replication when the primary was offline.
- Pre-receive hooks with spaces in their paths failed to run.
- Calling the update-pre-receive-hook-enforcement API could result in an application error.
- Added command-line tool to help map SAML records; ghe-saml-mapping-csv.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- After changing the visibility of a repository, wiki search results have a conflicting number of displayed search results. Administrators can reindex the wiki through the site admin dashboard. (updated 2017-11-09)
- The create team API endpoint returns a 500 error if LDAP Sync is enabled and the team already exists. (updated 2018-01-09)
The GitHub Team