The 2.0 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
Bug Fixes and Updates
- Updated installed packages and Ubuntu kernel to latest released versions.
- Services would not start properly in some circumstances, so the appliance would get stuck in a "Starting..." state.
- SSH keys were deleted during sign in when SAML authentication was used.
- It was possible to upload an invalid SAML idP certificate, which caused an error when trying to log in.
- Updating a license didn't take effect until settings had been saved.
- A 404 Not Found error was returned when visiting the user page of a suspended user.
ghe-user-csv command line utility didn't include email addresses in some circumstances.
- After upgrading, the appliance could briefly revert to using the default self-signed SSL certificate.
- Changing network settings could break the HAProxy SSL certificate, making services on the appliance unreachable.
- Our handling of deleted refs could cause high availability Git replication to fail for affected repositories.
- The management console could report the pre-upgrade version number after an upgrade.
- Events that trigger notification emails could cause 500 errors if the configured SMTP server timed out.
- Testing domain settings in the management console failed if the uploaded SSL certificate didn't have 'Subject Alternative Name' extensions.
- Testing domain settings in the management console failed when the DNS server wasn't reachable or valid.
- Testing LDAP group membership in the management console returned incorrect results when only an admin group was set.
- Searching for a repository in the site admin could miss exact matches.
- User creation could time out if the LDAP administrator group wasn't set.
- Gist log level was set too high, so the Gist logs could grow very big.
- Some management console styles and functionality were broken for supported versions of IE.
- When restoring to a backup with
ghe-restore, maintenance mode was automatically enabled, which could be confusing. Maintenance mode now has to be enabled manually through the management console, using the management console API, or using the
ghe-maintenance command line utility.
- Resizing the root partition caused upgrades to fail.
- The web user interface and API could be slow to update after Git pushes.
- During initial installation, the self-signed certificate warning screen suggested verifying the certificate over SSH when no SSH keys were installed. The certificate fingerprint is now shown in the hypervisor console.
- SSH password authentication was incorrectly enabled for admin access, even though no password was set.
- The support email couldn't be set without enabling outgoing email.
- Slow response times from NetApp storage could cause the root partition to be remounted as read only.
- Some metadata was missing when importing the OVA.
- It wasn't possible to add more than 8 vCPUs under ESXi without upgrading the virtual hardware version.
- The raw Gist main page returned an error.
- Inconsistent 404 Not Found error pages were displayed in some cases.
- Sending malformed JSON to the management console API caused an error rather than being handled gracefully.
- Links to help articles didn't link to the Enterprise-specific articles.
- The color used to highlight search term results in code was too similar to the fold highlighting color.
ghe-upgrade expects the upgrade filename to be
github-enterprise-esx-2.0.2.pkg on VMWare or
github-enterprise-ami-2.0.2.pkg on AWS.
- Creating the OpenVPN connection can fail, causing replication set up with
ghe-repl-setup to hang.
Replica promotion can hang when running
- Replicas need to be restarted after upgrading with
- Git replication slow and CPU intense during initial push of large/complex repositories.
- First run in Firefox displays the SSL warning twice.
- Admin is prompted to reapply the license after
ghe-upgrade runs even though the license file is present.
- The management console doesn't handle non-ASCII characters in authorized_keys.
- Management console settings interface does not clearly show if you have previously uploaded certificate files or a private key.
- Downloading diagnostics from the web can time out if there are a lot of hook deliveries.
- Memcache doesn't restart properly after a crash and must be manually restarted.
- Jobs stuck on code indexing can delay other jobs from running.
- Dashboard activity feed links point to wrong hostname after restore if the hostname has changed.
- A user cannot be invited to an organization by their full name.
- Wiki links to other wiki pages are rendered as images when a repository contains a directory with the same name.
- We display the time in the scheduled maintenance banner in UTC instead of the viewer's timezone. (updated 2015-06-18)
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes. (updated 2015-07-14)
- With private mode enabled, a Pages site with no default page serves a generic error rather than an informative message. (updated 2015-07-14)
- Replica promotion hanging when running
ghe-repl-promote was fixed in this release.