The 2.10 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- An appliance could not be successfully deployed on Google Cloud Platform without allocating a public IP address.
- When creating a custom pre-receive hook environment, the operation would fail if the specified URL requested redirection.
- Upgrades with a package from an earlier release were not prevented.
documentation_url field in some GraphQL API v4 responses referred to the REST API v3 documentation rather than the GraphQL API v4 documentation.
- The Get repository contents API endpoint incorrectly returned a
403 Forbidden response for some Git LFS-tracked files.
- Milestones retrieved using the REST API were not sorted as documented by default.
- "You signed out in another tab or window. Reload to refresh your session" message was being shown to some Firefox users.
- Added the ability to add multiple repositories to an export at once using a text file that lists the repository URLs.
- We incorrectly redirect to the dashboard if you accessed GitHub Enterprise using an alias while in private mode. This might happen if you set a fully qualified domain name but the subdomain resolves correctly.
- Images uploaded to issues save with an absolute URL, so they can be broken if the hostname changes.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent
svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- GitHub Enterprise clustering can not be configured without https.
- Deleting a search index doesn't delete all associated metadata, which are then incorrectly reused if a new search index is created. This causes search index repair jobs to be reported as finished in the site admin when they were not.
- Pages builds fail when TLS is disabled. (updated 2018-04-03)
- Pull request reviewer usernames were not updated if a reviewer was mapped to a different username when migrating repositories using
ghe-migrator. (updated 2018-04-12)
The GitHub Team