The 2.16 series release notes contain important changes in this release series.
- Packages have been updated to the latest security versions.
- Viewing the profile of a user with a username similar to a common HTML error page, for example
404-html, would display the error page and not the user's profile.
- Reattaching a forked repository to its parent after changing the visibility would fail for the second and subsequent forks.
- On a freshly set up GitHub Enterprise without any users, an attacker could create the first admin user.
- Custom firewall rules aren't maintained during an upgrade.
- svn checkout may timeout while the repository data cache is being built. In most cases, subsequent svn checkout attempts will succeed.
- Git LFS tracked files uploaded through the web interface are incorrectly added directly to the repository.
- Issues cannot be closed if they contain a permalink to a blob in the same repository where the file path is longer than 255 characters.
- Resque workers may not be cleaned up following a configuration run leading to a growing number of stale workers which in turn could lead to high memory consumption.
The GitHub Team